An Amusement & Diversion for The Genteel Cyclist. Daily.

Friday, March 7, 2008

Hating on the Hummer


OK, so we hope you know that we are very adamant about one thing: Being pro-bike does not require you to be anti-car. Still, we do reserve a special hatred for certain, uh, ostentatious expressions of American solipsism. Like the Hummer.

Today, it was brought to our attention that there's a whole website dedicated to photos of persons flipping off the Hummer H2 and, presumably, the drivers of Hummer H2s. This is just fine.

To paraphrase the Mayor of Drunkingham, when I see one of those Hummer stretch limousines, I say a little prayer in which I ask God, "Lord, why wasn't I born with ten middle fingers?"

2 comments:

jamesmtbkr said...

They haven't had much action lately (ha ha ha, I kill me) but http://www.ihumpedyourhummer.com/blog/about has the best url on the web.

brother yam said...

Extend all five fingers on one hand, palm inwards. When asked what that is, say that "it's a boquet of these." And flip 'em the bird.

I love that one.