An Amusement & Diversion for The Genteel Cyclist. Daily.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Apocalyspe Averted: Sweet relief is on the way


Here's something to buoy your flagging spirit: The reverse-fixie-conversion, courtesy of my new idols at BikeCommuters.com

I sense a real trend to guide fixie nation into its long overdue twilight. Not talking about the utility bike (those are great, but they can be less delightful to ride) but the upright commuter.

Also, this brings to mind my own dream of building the perfect track bike with a coaster hub -- thus eliminating those cable lines that interfere with "the clean" beauty of a brakeless and gearless bike, while not gambling on my physical welfare.

Will this dream ever be realized? Doubtful. The truth is, it had been fueled by a misguided lust for the Masi Speciale, long since dismissed as unworthy of my unrequited admiration.

1 comment:

Cafn8 said...

Yeah, that one had me scratching my head and pricing 3 speed hubs. Neat stuff.